Information about Gabon
- Area: 267,667 km² (land: 257,667 km²; water: 10,000 km²)
- Population: 1,576,665 (July 2011)
- Capital: Libreville
- Language: French (official), Fang, Myene, Nzebi, Bapounou/Eschira, Bandjabi
- Religion: Christian 55%-75%, animist, Muslim less than 1%
- Climate: tropical; always hot, humid
- Time Zone: UTC/GMT +1hr
Gabon is in Western Africa, bordering the Atlantic Ocean at the Equator, between Republic of the Congo and Equatorial Guinea.
Gabon shares borders with Cameroon (298 km), Republic of the Congo (1,903 km) and Equatorial Guinea (350 km).