Information about South Korea
- Area: 98,480 km² (land 98,190 km², water 290 km²)
- Population: 49,232,844 (July 2008)
- Capital: Seoul
- Languages: Korean
- Religion: Christian 26.3% (Protestant 19.7%, Roman Catholic 6.6%), Buddhist 23.2%, other or unknown 1.3%, none 49.3%
- Climate: temperate, with rainfall heavier in summer than winter
- Time Zone: UTC/GMT +9hrs
- Currency: South Korean Won [KRW]
South Korea is in Eastern Asia, on the southern half of the Korean Peninsula bordering the Sea of Japan and the Yellow Sea.
With a total of 238 km land boundaries, South Korea shares borders only with North Korea.